Saturday, September 8, 2007

taking advantage

It has been almost a month since I have last posted... I suppose the end of the summer wind down has gotten to me. Actually I will blame it on something else- I have been taking advantage of time with my cutest, greatest, most wonderful, best friend, Eric. From the last 10 days being in Utah when Eric arrived to now, I have actually had a hubby and the kids their dad. Eric has been on his anesthesia rotation and it is NICE. I could live with this schedule anyday- 11 hour days, home at nights, home weekends, and post call the day after he takes call. Unfortunately this only lasts until the end of Oct. and then back to the "real" grind. So, with that said, we have been spending good quality time as a family which has been much overdue. However, my blog has really gone down and I have so much I want to catch up on and post. Here are some of the highlites of the past few weeks.

This weeks major event was Jacob starting ALL DAY KINDERGARTEN. For the past ten days Jacob has asked me daily if today is the day. I had to keep telling him "no" and he was so disappointed. Well, Thurs. was the day. He was thrilled and couldn't stop smiling. Luke on the other hand asked me over 50 times if Jacob gets to come home yet. He was bored most of the day just having Ruby and Anna around but so good for him. He and I actully had some great one on one time which was needed. That night Jacob said to me, "mom, it sure is a long day for me at school- almost too long." He was pooped when he got off that bus and actually fell asleep on the couch within 20 min. I am sure he will get used to the long days. It was strange not havinig him around most of the day but sure quiet around here.



Jacob couldn't wait to wear his new shoes that Grandma Alice bought him, carry his new spiderman lunch box with lots of yummy surprises in it that I packed, and ride the bus again with his friends. Friends are VERY important to him- just like his dad- he is very social.



My baby is not a baby anymore. Eight months old. I can't believe how Anna is changing and daily reaching some "firsts" in her book. She is an early mover for my kids. She is already starting to scoot around when she is sitting and moving all across the room on her tummy. I am not quite ready for her to be mobile yet. No rush for me. She officailly is DONE with baby food- cries when I feed it to her and keeps crying until she gets my chicken, brocolli, mac and cheese, fruit...whatever you name it. I suppose it is better this way. She is just growing up.



I still love her droopy cheeks... however, she has got the nickname "STRING BEAN" from her dad and brothers since she is so stinkin long and really thinning out.

No comments: