Wednesday, December 26, 2007

BIRTHDAY GIRL

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas. We sure did and want to post some pictures of our day but thought I better go in order and give our birthday girl a little tribute first.

How do you celebrate a little one year old birthday? There isn't much you can do is there? The kids and I were excited to make Anna a cake, we picked out a few small toys, got balloons, and had the Iverson's join us for a little party. All in all it was fun and Anna just didn't know what to think. She HATED her cake and just tried to push it off her tray. After feeding her some thinking she would love the taste of it, she just spit it out. She played around with it with her fingers for a minute or two and then she was done. What one year old doesn't like cake...especially with gum drops on it? I couldn't believe it. What a total grump.

She loved her balloons and was so interested in them nothing else mattered. All the other kids unwrapped her gifts and played with them but Anna just didn't care all that much. She probably would have been more happy with her blankie and thumb sitting on my lap watching. What a little stinker.

It is unbelieveable that this past year has come and gone. Babies first year always flies by way too quickly. I still remember every detail of her as a newborn and bringing her home to our family of five. One more couldn't add too much more chaos could it? Truly she hasn't and has been such an easy baby and so fun. The kids just adore her and can't get enough hugs and kisses and sniffs(Luke sniffs her). I must admit that she does smell luscious.

What a JOY our little Anna Edith is. We love her oh so much.

4 comments:

510Jen said...

Happy Birthday Anna. The last picture PRICELESS.

510Jen said...

Happy Birthday Anna. The last picture PRICELESS.

Jessie Riley said...

i love her... "what are you doing to me look.", in that last picture. How funny!

Tina said...

So fun to see your blog. Your babies all have those fat little cheeks I love it. Happy Birthday Anna.