Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What's for Dinner...WEDNESDAY!

Man, this week sure flew by. It seems like just yesterday I was making homemade bread and chicken noodle soup. Well, tonight is a WINNER!! For any of you who live in Utah, this one is from GURU'S resteraunt. My sister in law Nicole gave me this over the summer when I was visiting and she made it one night we were there and it was to die for- thanks Nic. Youv'e got to try it.

GURU'S CILANTRO LIME PESTO PASTA

1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
2 1/2 T EVOO*
2 T sliced, toasted almonds ( I will sometimes leave this out if I don't have any)
3 T chopped, fresh garlic
1 1/2 tsp. lime juice
1/2 cup shredded asiago chesse
1/2 cup shredded parmesean cheese
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup chicken broth
8 cups linguini pasta, cooked al dente
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
4 cups pesto sauce ( I buy mine from Costco and use the entire container)
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced (I actually prefer fresh tomatoes instead but the sun-dried are yummy too)

Using a blender, mix together the cilantro, olive oil, almonds, garlic, lime juice, asiago cheese, salt, and chicken broth on low speed for 2 minutes. Set aside. In large saucepan combine cooked pasta, cooked chicken, and sauce. Heat over medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour into serving bowls. Top with parmesean cheese and tomatoes.
*EVOO is extra virgin olive oil

I want to hear how you all like it if you make it. It is always nice to know that people like these recipes and will use them again. If you don't like them, let me know too. I would hate to keep posting recipes that people just poo poo over. Good Luck with your dinner tonight.

9 comments:

kara jayne said...

Sarah I need MAJOR help in the food preparation arena!!! Seriously I feel bad for my poor family. The only thing that saves me is that some of the easiest things to give my kids are healthy (smoothies, raw fruits and veggies, whole grain breads, etc.) This recipe looks so yummy and I am totally going to try it. I think I'll just search your whole blog each week for yummy menu plans!!

kara jayne said...

Oh, and about photo booth. It just came as standard software when we bought our iMac a few months ago. I just click it on the bottom and the webcam takes pictures. I'm totally illiterate when it comes to this computer so unless it's right under my nose I don't know how to get to it. I'm sure that doesn't help, so sorry!!

Kristin said...

Sounds really, really good. Thanks for the post!
Kristin

The Larsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
swensen squeeze said...

I may be an idiot - but what is the ingredient T EVOO? Never heard of that. Let me know when you get a chance.

swensen squeeze said...

Ok - I am an idiot not T EVOO - but EVOO what is that - a spice?

Sarah said...

EVOO is extra virgin olive oil.

swensen squeeze said...

Thanks for the recipe. Looks delicious. Thanks for telling me what EVOO is:)

Sue said...

Yum! This looks delicious. I know if you post a recipe that it's worth trying - yours are always so good!
Thanks for sharing.