Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What's for Dinner...WEDNESDAY!

Definitely not great for your waistband but well worth the fat and calories.  Yes, we are indulging into scones tonight thanks to my friend Jen for reminding me about these scrumptious, deep fried, greasy, scones topped with homemade strawberry jam or honey butter.


Tina's Scones
1 quart buttermilk
2 Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs well beaten
6 Tbsp oil
2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp soda
6-8 c flour
(sometimes it takes a little more)

Directions: Warm 1 c buttermilk add yeast, sugar, eggs and oil. Stir well add rest of buttermilk and dry ingredients. Stir and knead 5 min. Let rise. Roll out ½ thick. Cut into triangles. Poke a hole in the center and fry to golden brown.
Note: Dough can be kept in fridge up to a week.

Honey Butter
1 c. butter
1 1/4 c. honey
1 egg yolk
Beat with electric mixer for 10 minutes.

3 comments:

ashlie said...

Wow! Those look so good! We will definately be trying those at our house!

Emily said...

Hi, my name is Emily. I linked to your blog from Jen's. I went to High School with her. I love your what's for dinner posts! Hope it's okay if I check in from time to time :)

Tina said...

They are soooo good I love them they make great fry bread for Toco's too you just make them bigger. Yummy Yummy