FINALLY!
Jacob's last official game was last night under the lights. Jacob has had an extremely long T-Ball season. It was a difficult decision whether or not to keep playing Spring soccer or to give T-Ball a try. Without any persuasion, Jacob decided to try something new and let me just tell you... after about the second practice, he asked me if he could play soccer instead. "Sorry buddy, we paid a lot of money for T-Ball and soccer sign-ups are over and there is no way you can play both since games are on the same day and time." He wasn't happy with my answer but thought it was time he learn a valuable lesson about NEVER GIVING UP and FINISH WHAT YOU START! He stuck with it for the three months and there were times it was not fun at all for him. He was bored on the field just standing around and wanted to be running after a ball. I truly don't blame him... I was bored just watching the lengthly games and can't imagine playing them.
The crazy thing about this is Jacob was the BEST player on his team. They loved that he was a lefty and could swing that bat and throw the ball like never seen before. The coach kept asking me if he practices everyday - HAH!!!! I did buy him a bat, balls, and a T but think it has been used once.
I am sure proud of my BUGGA for following through a long season and stickin' to it! He showed me that he can do anything he puts his mind to, even if he doesn't like it.
Soccer is right around the corner so he can start getting excited for that. Who knows, maybe next Spring will roll around and Jacob will ask to play ball again- next year it will be Coach pitch which they say is a whole other game.







5 comments:
Sarah - please tell me you are using photoshop elements. If you are I'd love you to email me and tell me your tricks. Your photos are awesome.
I feel like the worst mom sometimes because I have two boys (both older than yours) and have never signed them up for baseball.
However, after reading your post and others like it I'm feeling okay about my decision. Maybe in a couple of years.
I'm serious about the photoshop thing. I'll even call you!! Oh, and I have some friends moving to your neck of the woods. He is going to do a pedio residency at Temple. They are going to live in the Valley Forge area though.
We love baseball! My oldest is also a lefty and all the coaches love that! Sounds like he is a great player!
You are so funny. I love little T-ball. It wasn't Amaya's favorite thing ever but Collin on the other hand LOVED it. Good thing you can switch it up with a little soccer.
I forgot Bugga was a lefty pretty cool. Might be a little problem if he wants to go and practice someday with Eric though.
I agree, baseball is boring. It didn't get much better for us with coach pitch or AAA. Good job sticking with it. Love that Jacob!
I agree with Jacob, baseball is a bore. My boys liked it though. Our season wasn't nearly as long and they were both on the same team.
Post a Comment