Thursday, June 5, 2008

WHAT?!!

How did THIS. . .

Photobucket

Turn into THIS . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket
In a matter of moments, a happy family enjoying their time on the trampoline together turned into a bloody, screaming, scared, little four year old boy.  Oh man, the summer injuries begin.  I am SO thankful that Eric has the expertise on "fixing" faces, mouths, heads, whatever else and no ER visit was required.  

The quick version of what happened:  The kids and Eric were all on the tramp having a good old time running around in circles.  Eric fell on his back and Luke decided to jump on top of him and as a natural reaction, Eric's hand went up to protect him and it smacked right into Luke's mouth causing this lovely incident.  Could have been worse for sure.  I hope this isn't setting the pattern for our summer play out back.

9 comments:

Sam Bergin said...

OH my gosh! Poor Luke. I hope he's doing better and I'm so glad his daddy knows how to do what he did. What a great blessing!

katie said...

Good thing Eric was there to come to the rescue! I hope he feels better soon!

ashlie said...

How lucky is he to have a daddy to fix it and not a stranger in the er! I hope is is okay!

Tina said...

Oh so reminds me of a trampoline accident that Becca had. Running in circles with a little friend in the neighborhood which was a BIG No because my rule was one person on the tramp at a time. Becca feel off face first onto the railroad ties surrounding the trampoline. It took me a while to find where the blood was coming from thank goodness my next door neighbor is a dentist and was home on a Sat. She had to have stitches inside on her lip also about 15 of them if I remember right. I hate it when stuff like that happens. Glad he is O.K. and Eric got a little Practice HaHa

swensen squeeze said...

Glad that he is ok and that Eric gets to fix it!

Jessica O. said...

That is the beauty of the trampoline. They are so fun but you definately have to prepare for a few injuries. I hope he feels better.

510Jen said...

Oh man, I remember when that happened at our house growing up NO fun. Man good thing it was only his lip right! Hope that is the only thing that happens this summer.

bri said...

oh that scares me to death. I hope he is ok. Poor kid.

Nicole said...

Poor Luke! I hope he feels better soon. Give him kisses from me.